Sunday 27 February 2011

Is it just me, or there really a lack of direction from the Government?

I'm not much of a political person and I'd certainly never drive my personal political views onto anyone but I am just a little bit concerned about the lack of direction from the Government - after all we are 9 months in now and you'd think we would have some pretty clear policies now.

But I don't see that much of it in secondary education in particular. yes we have cuts, but with cuts we also have the view that "it's your money, you decide" and this is leading to a vacuum in strategic leadership.

Maybe this is just a feeling i have, I have no real evidence this is the case, other than what appears to be a distinct lack of political statements on a range of different educational areas including the one that I'm interested in - Functional Skills.

It's almost as though the senior politicians have said - don't bother me about things I'm not interested in - just get on with it - sort of Government by delegation?

No comments: