Tuesday 3 February 2009

Confusing Diplomas Part 2

There's a big push on Apprentices going on. I've seen the TV ad with "SURALAN" and today we had a visitor at out offices from a training provider telling us how easy it is to get a modern apprentice for the office and it only costs something like £16 a day or was that a week - can't remember.

Now I'm quite a big believer in workplace experience, I did a sandwich course and it meant that when I graduated I started work the next day because of that experience.

But from a professional marketing point of view I'm still really worried about mixed messages and the Apprentice ads following the Diploma ads so closely.

The older generation (I count myself in there) are still the gateway to employment and I do believe that this generation definitely knows about A levels, certainly knows about apprenticeships and still is finding it difficult to categorise Diplomas and by categorise, I mean build a perception with the employers.

They should ask me to help them!

No comments: