Friday 17 July 2009

Another career door closed

A piece in the TES made me think today.

It was all about teachers having thr right level of qualification and basically the argument was that taechers should have at least a B at GCSE and certainly no worse than a 2;2 in their degree.

I sort of fail on both accounts, my O level grade in English was just a C and my degree in Pure Maths from 1984 is just a third.

According to the Government, this makes me too thick to be teacher. I don't really have a problem with that as I already have a career but what I do have a problem with is that this apparent focus applies to teachers, who on the whole "do good and add value" to our society whereas bankers don't need any form of qulaification at all and do the complete opposite.

Must be lovely to have a pair of politicians glasses that enable you to see the world with such clear vision!

No comments: