Thursday 15 January 2009

Functional Skills at BETT

Really enjoyed our first day at BETT - we had lots of interest and a lot of people had us "must see" lists - we even had someone turn up at 8.55, 1 hour before the show started!

Other things that I've spotted so far.......

Different Class offering a "My Diploma" software solution that tracks students progress in the Dilpoma.
BKSB are here again with a very big stand that must cost 10's of thousands to buy and build but their brochures haven't changed and Functional Skills is still mentioned after key Skills and Basic Skills.  I wouldn't be a welcome visitor on their stand so I don't know if the Functional Skills materials are new or just re-purposed.
The North West Learning Grid have a seperate stand and are promoting free functional skills resources - I do know the chaps at NWGL so I will find out more and report back here tomorrow.
U Xplore are here with their work related experience software for the Diplomas.  The Creative and Media one is very good reflecting their background in media.
That's it so far - for such an important new qualification, a bit thin but then again, I haven't explored as much as I would like to yet!

Jonathan


No comments: