Friday 16 January 2009

Thursday at BETT

Two days down and it's getting better.

As always, I expect Thursday to be a busier day than wednesday and so it proved.  Judging by how busy the stands were, I'm feeling very confident that Functional Skills are very much a "now thing" - much more recognition of what they are by regular school teachers, much higher levels of understanding and it gives me confidence for the next curriculum year in general.

What is still disapointing though is the conversation when a teacher wants to know preciselty what to teach and what the exam looks like.  They don't believe that it isn't designed, nor possible to "teach to the test" and then try to shoot the messenger (me) becuase i don't have all the past papers so they can see what to teach.

This will change though - I even had two customers argueing with each other over the implications for teaching and learning!

I noticed today that the BBC are not here.  They have had a big popular stand in the past.  Is this a consequence of BBC Jam or a cost cutting exercise - who knows?

Still haven't seen anything more about Functional Skills and Diplomas - I continiue to look.  

No comments: